There are various websites and mobile applications which might help you to file the income tax return. These will not just save your time but will the process of return filing hassle-free.
New Delhi: The new financial year (FY20) has started and taxpayers will be required to file their income tax return (ITR). Recently, the government has notified new ITR forms. People usually seek help from Chartered Accountants (CA) as they are not well-versed with the process of filing.
There are various websites and mobile applications which might help you to file the return. These will not just save your time but will the process of return filing hassle-free. So, here are five mobile applications that can help you file your ITR.
1. All India ITR– It offers a paperless process and is available on both Android and iOS platform. Here, users can upload the image or PDF file of their Form-16 and other required documents. The system auto-reads the inputs and fills the forms automatically. It makes filing ITR easy. If in case, the system is not able to read the documents then a tax expert is assigned who assists the taxpayer in the entire process through chat, voice and email support.
2. ClearTax– This app lets the taxpayer upload Form 26AS and Form 16 in order to facilitate the ITR filing. One interesting feature is that this app allows the taxpayer to enter tax details on offline mode as well. The details are synced with the ClearTax server once the user goes online. Users can file ITR, check Income Tax Refund Status with using PAN and Date of Birth, calculate Income Tax for current and next financial year and generate rent receipts to claim HRA benefits.
3. H&R Block– This app not just helps you with return filing but also assigns tax experts if you face difficulty in the filing. You can upload your tax documents and view your completed return and check e-file status.
4. Tax Smile– It provides tax-related knowledge, speedy filing, accuracy and also post-filing support. It calculates the taxes due for free of cost and charges only when the income tax return is filed.
5. Tax Spanner: To file the return using this app, users need to provide their email address and Form 16. Users who do not have Form 16 can also file ITR by using their permanent account number (PAN).